All Things PS Real Estate

Saturday, March 12, 2011

That Sweet Smell Can Only Mean One Thing



We all tend to take things for granted when we see them everyday.  I remember when I lived in Colorado I got very accustomed to some of the most magnificent views on the planet. Breathtaking scenery of the  snow capped Rockies and the Continental Divide was a daily spectacle to me. It was usually a visiting friend or relative that would bring it back home to me how special this really was.

Now that I live in the Coachella Valley it is common place for me to see citrus trees where ever I go. Most people have at least one tree in their yard, condo complexes are full of them sprinkled all over the grounds.  Oranges, grapefruits and lemons are the most common but a few lucky people have tangerine trees. At the east end of the valley there are still some agricultural areas that produce citrus crops.  In fact if you venture out to the Salton Sea (an interesting day trip) you will pass some of them.

So, the visual of citrus trees hardly registers with me anymore. I see it everyday. However, each year in March the overpowering smell of the fragrant blossoms permeates the valley and you just can't escape it.  No real way to share that with you on the blog but just know that it is a wonderful fragrance.  Riding with the windows down in the car is fun as you can even smell it then.

Just one more thing that makes living in Palm Springs amazing. Come see why Everyone wants to bu a home in Palm Springs!
 [Citrus Crop photo courtesy of Suat Eman"]




No comments:

Post a Comment