All Things PS Real Estate

Saturday, December 11, 2010

So California Edison Billing Issues

ALERT!!! For any readers who own a home in the Palm Springs area be sure to check your Southern California Edison electric bills very carefully.  I was dramatically overcharged
in September and I have since talked to several other people that are experiencing the same thing.  If your bill was substantially higher in the last three months for no good reason request a meter read and a check.  I Know in my case I got a $90 reduction and a friend received a $456 reduction!  If you have had this problem I would be interested in hearing from you.

Recently Edison had been installing new meters on every home but I am not sure if this has anything at all to do with the overcharges we have been seeing.  My over charge happened prior to the new meter installation.

You can visit the Southern California Edison site with this link.

See a list of other utility company sites for the greater Palm Springs area.

3 comments:

  1. Have the same problem. Received a bill for over $1000 shortly after new meter installed. They said it was back billing for a few months where they approximated instead of an actual reading (they said they had no access to house but we've lived here for 3 years and access was never an issue before). Called Edison and asked for someone to come out and take a look, no one came, and they billed again for $1000.

    Spoke with them last night and they said someone would come out and take a look. I did think it had something to do with the new meter installation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! we looked at our edison bill for November. It is more that double the last bill and nothing changed in useage. We thought it was just a billing increase. So we will give them a call
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bill is extremely too high.I live in a two bedroom house and they are saying I have 1,000 past due charges.

    ReplyDelete